G n’ R Alpaca Boutique
About Alpaca Fleece
Alpaca fleece is lustrous and silky, warmer than wool, not prickly and contains no lanolin, which makes it non-allergenic. It is soft and luxurious. Alpaca fibre is also flame-resistant.
Alpaca Fleece Processing
G n' R Alpaca Boutique processes fleece from start to finish.
Gail gets her fibre from an Ontario breeder where her animals are from and where she sources only the best grade fleece.
Alpacas are sheered in May and the processing continues right through until the next sheering.
The boutique sells raw fleece, carded fleece, roving, handspun yarns, garments such as hats, mitts, scarves, and items for children including stuffies and book worms. Items are felted, knitted, crocheted, or woven. Each is a handmade "one of a kind" garment.
Alpaca Fun Fibre Facts
- Alpaca is found in every natural colour and shade (22 basic recognized colours)
- Alpaca fibre is very strong and resilient
- Alpaca fibre contains microscopic air pockets that create lightweight garments with high insulation values
- The cellular structure of the fibre produces a soft handle unmatched by most speciality fibres
- Alpaca fibre has a natural rich lustre that gives garments high visual appeal
- Alpaca fibre can be easily dyed any colour and still retains its natural lustre
- Alpaca fibre does not easily tear, pill, stain or create static
- Alpaca garments are easily cleaned and last a long time
- Needle felting 3D objects
- Nuno Scarf Felting
- Yarn Dyeing
- Knitting Techniques
- 3D Felted Vessels
- Felted Soap
Store Hours and Appointments
Call Gail to set up a class, confirm pricing, or make an appointment to browse the shop. Store hours are by appointment only between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm daily.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.